Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No plan week!

Well, this past weekend was nothing like I had imagined.  Despite the beautiful weather, I was inside all weekend taking care of a very sick six year old.  We are talking a fever that requires a fan, no shirt, ice packs and cold water with no relief.  A horrible headache and sore throat.  The poor guy was just a lump of misery on the couch. He couldn't eat, barely drank and couldn't tolerate any noise.  We thought it was strep but it ended up being just a virus.  Don't you hate that diagnosis?  Here is my $$$ doc, now tell me "just a virus" please.  Anyway, needless to say, there is no menu this week. We are just making whatever comes to mind.  I made the chicken lemon rice soup but I can't say it was anything spectacular.  I was hoping to share the recipe with you but really it isn't worthy of repeating.  I'll try that one again another day.  Of course if you have a recipe for one, I'd love to hear it!  Today, my little buddy is finally himself.  I'm keeping him home one more day to gain his strength back.  This week has been a blur so far so maybe it will start looking clearer tomorrow.  Are you staying healthy with this constant changing weather?

No comments: