Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sugar experiment

Another weekend is fast approaching and we are getting ready to head out on our first camping trip of the summer. I am so excited to experience this with my kids as this is the first year Ellie is old enough to enjoy it.

Right now I am in the middle of a sugar experiment. Sounds fun doesn't it? I recently purchased and devoured the book "It Starts with Food"  I was feeling like I wasn't getting the whole benefit from a Paleo diet but was not exactly sure why.  This book has really been an eye opener for me and I strongly recommend it for everyone.  In fact, I shipped my dad one for Father's Day.

On Monday, I am starting a Whole 30 plan. It is much like a Paleo diet only stricter.  Basically my body fat percentage has not been decreasing and I think this plan will jump start that for me and show what foods I'm most sensitive to.

Stay tuned for the results of my sugar experiment and more details on the Whole 30 plan.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Snowspirit said...

I read your post on Autoimmune, Paleo and You. I started cutting out sugar today and already feel fatigued and lacking energy. A few years ago, I cut all sugar out of my diet. Since I went cold-turkey, I suffered flu-like symptoms for 3 days!! It was painful but with a little help from pain relievers, I pulled through and NEVER felt better for 1.5 years. Sugar was poisoning my body. Unfortunately, I started eating it again and feel like a drug addict. The more I eat, the more I craved. So enough of that sugar poison. I'm welcoming Lisa's challenge and will follow your progress too. Hang in there, it's worth it in the end!

Unknown said...

Thanks! It is hard to do initially but well worth it!