Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Whole 30 progress

So today was day three of the Whole 30 plan and it hasn't been too bad. I know my Paleo head start has saved me from the dreaded carb flu that can happen when you first get rid of those villians.  Part of my struggle though has been the lack of convenience foods. With a busy toddler around, it's often difficult to cook something three times per day.

On the plus side, I have been including both Ellie and Teagan in meal preps.  This has been amazing. Teagan tried four different types of lettuce before declaring them all gross while Ellie decided cucumbers were actually yummy.  They both eat much better when they help me cook.

So what have I been eating lately?  For breakfast, I've mostly used a ground meat (bison or pork), topped with salsa and an egg.  I'm struggling to find a non-egg dish for breakfast as I don't want to eat them every day.

For lunch, I either have a salad with chicken or a stir fry.  Ellie loves stir fry so I try to make it frequently, plus it is so quick and easy.  The other day I was in such a hurry that I shredded all my veggies in my food processor, including broccoli before stir frying. It was like a big bowl of noodles!

Dinner is easy as we always have a protein with two or three veggies and a fruit for the kids.  I do miss my cheese though and can't wait to incorporate it again in a few weeks.

Anyone else giving this a try?

No comments: