Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nose pickers

So I think I finally figured out this nose picking thing.  You see, as I previously explained, my two SPD kids are extreme opposites.  Brayden has an under responsive nervous system while Teagan has an over responsive nervous system.  Can you guess which one is the nose picker?

Teagan of course! That kid is an excessive picker. She even gets redirected at school for this.  If you think about it though, she feels everything so much stronger than the rest of us do. So why wouldn't she feel her boogers more? 

That also got me thinking as to why Brayden can't even blow his nose.  He probably never feels the urge to.  He can have a traffic jam of boogers in there and not even notice.

So there you have it.  If you have a nose picker at home, perhaps they feel sensations a bit stronger than you do and just need to get at it!  Gross!

No comments: