Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Project Simplify-Diet-menu

Well, we did fairly well over the weekend and really enjoyed our produce.  Tonight though, the lack of sleep from a teething baby got to me and I made chocolate chip cookies.  As my husband says, go for the 80/20 rule.  As long as 80% of what you eat is healthy, your doing good.

I had high hopes of having every single meal and snack planned for the next week.  Wow, was that tough!  I originally planned on having power smoothies every morning for breakfast; however, my children refuse to drink them so I guess I have to feed them something.  I'm going to "fly by the seat of my pants" for breakfast and follow this menu for the rest:

Monday
Snack #1: Zucchini bread (substitute chocolate chip cookies since I didn't make the bread yet)
Lunch: 1/2 PBJ sandwich, strawberries and apples
Snack #2: ants on a log (cream cheese on celery with chocolate chips-my kids hate raisins)
Dinner: Rooster's pick: Spag noodles with parmesan cheese, bananas, carrots and broccoli
Bed snack; yogurt

Tuesday
Snack: Banana and spoonful of peanut butter
Lunch: Hormel ham slice, string cheese, apples
Snack: Zucchini bread
Dinner: Bear's choice: Whole foods grilled chicken sausage with pineapple, celery and cauliflower
Bed snack: cereal

Wednesday
Snack: Sweet potato bread
Lunch: Gluten Free Cin Raisin bread, butter, applesauce, kiwi
Snack: Ant's on a log
Dinner: Grilled chicken, asparagus, squash, apples
Bed snack: yogurt

Thursday
Snack: apple slices with peanut butter
Lunch: Zucchini bread, red pepper strips, pineapple
Snack: Pears, crackers
Dinner: Grilled steaks, grilled potato fries, salad, banana
Bed snack: cereal

Friday
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: 1/2 PBJ, apples
Snack: sweet potato bread
Dinner: chicken and veggie kabobs, strawberries, rice
Snack: shredded cheese and crackers

Saturday
Breakfast: carrot pancakes, eggs, and bacon
Snack: Won't need after that breakfast!
Lunch: Surprise muffins, watermelon
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: Buffalo hamburgers, sweet potato fries, broccoli, fruit
Bed snack: crackers

Let me know what you think!  Suggestions?  Changes you would make?  Do need any recipes from this list?

No comments: