Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why you should be concerned about your hoarding 4 year old

Do you have a 4 year old who takes everything but the kitchen sink with her wherever she goes?  Or am I the only one?  Should I be concerned?
Bear heading to the park (5 houses away)



I know what you're thinking, "oh, she's so cute taking all her possessions to the park", but I can't get this image out of my head...

Homeless Woman 3 by Stacy Alexander

First, you have to understand the randomness of her possessions.  A bucket to gather berries and stones to build an ant home.  An umbrella because the sun on a 77 degree night is just too hot for my always cold child.  Her dog purse which she unlatches half way there to see if it will walk like a dog and proceeds to get mad when it doesn't. A satchel style bag to put all the BBs she finds on the ground. And the dress.  She wears that dress EVERY day!!  I thought I hid it well from the mornings wash but nooooo, she found it in MY room.  We bought it last month and it is now stained and the hem is falling.  But, it is her favorite dress.  She must wear it to the park because what else would you climb a tree and build an ant's home in?


I love my 4 year old to pieces but please Bear, wear some shorts under that dress and leave a few things home next time.  Did I mention it took 20 minutes to walk past the five houses to the park with all her stuff?
Anyone else have a hoarder at home?

No comments: