Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

What's for lunch?

It is no secret here that Rooster is a very picky eater.  We are guilty of feeding him peanut butter and jelly for just about every lunch.  The mother in me constantly searches for new things to feed him as I'm sure one day a study will come out showing a connection to peanut butter and jelly consumption and some random disorder.  With school days fast approaching, I'm also looking for foods that are easy to pack.  I think this easy meal will be a staple in their lunch boxes.  If I was really on top of my game today, which I'm not, I would have paired this with a lesson on planets or shapes.


I bought some Back to Nature round crackers for baby Bean which the other two seem to love.  I took some Hormel Honey ham, Rooster likes his sweets, and cut out circles using a glass.  I fed the scraps to
baby Bean who will eat anything these days. I used Horizon's American cheese.  I have no idea if it is any less processed then regular American cheese but I can at least pretend it is healthier.  I then cut banana circles.  As you can see, our Bear made a great sandwich!


Now moms, I didn't forget you!  This is one of my favorite lunches for me and Bean because she'll eat anything.

Take half an avocado and mash it good.

Next mix a tablespoon of Vegenaise or any mayo with the mashed avocado.


Put this in a whole wheat wrap with left over chicken strips or lunch meat. Add a strip of salsa, I love 365 brand.

Then wrap it up and enjoy!


That's what's for lunch today!

No comments: