Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tracking your nutrients

So yesterday I tracked what I consumed for a day.  I'm so glad I did this exercise as it is eye opening.  Since I'm trying to burn fat right now, I wanted my carbs to be between 50 to 100 grams for the day.  This is what I ate:
2 eggs, bacon
coffee with cream
3 apples (yeah, it's a problem)
macademia and almond nuts, raisins, honey (granola bar I made)
lettuce, tomato salad
chicken stir fry with mushrooms, onions, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and yellow squash
banana

This totaled 2,010 calories, 111 grams of fat, 89 grams of protein and 177 grams of carbs.  I was shocked to find out how loaded with carbs raisins are.  If I cut out the dried fruit and limit my apples to one per day, I think I'll be there next time.

If your interested in tracking your food for a day, head over to fitday.com and enter your food for the day.  It is a free website.  Let me know if you do!

No comments: