Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade Easel

I wasn't going to post this because it is just that easy.  It is more the idea itself that deserves a posting as I wish I had thought of it ages ago.  My Tbear loves loves loves to paint!  She would paint every day if I had the patience.  I had every intention of buying her a tabletop easel for Christmas but the $20 here and $20 there added up quickly and there was no room to throw in an easel.  When I constructed this one for her, she was ecstatic!

We had two of those large coloring pages from Disney/Target and probably available else where.  The pages are kept neat  by a large piece of cardboard.  We had a 3rd coloring book slightly smaller.  I took the two large pieces, lined  them up at the top and secured them with heavy duty tape.  I tented these two and secured them at the bottom to the 3rd piece. I then taped her paper on and there it was!  My little Picasso was much neater in her painting experience and had lots of fun.


No comments: